Natural Tartaric Acid
Applications Tartaric Acid
– As acidifier and natural preservative for marmalades, ice cream, jellies, juices, preserves, and beverages.
– As effervescent for carbonated water.
– As emulsifier and preservative in the bread-making industry and in the preparation of candies and sweets.
Used as an acidifier. Used in musts and wines to prepare wines that are more balanced from the point of view of taste, the result being an increase in their degree of acidity and a decrease in their pH content.
Used as an excipient for the preparation of effervescent tablets.
Used in cement, plaster, and plaster of Paris to retard drying and facilitate the handling of these materials.
Used as a basic component of many natural body crèmes.
– Galvanic baths
– Electronics industry
– As mordant in the textile industry
– As an anti-oxidant in industrial greases
L (+) Tartaric Acid
Tartaric Acid (2R, 3R)
CAS number: 87-69-4
EINECS number: 201-766-0
Chemical formula: H2C4H4O6
Molecular weight: 150.1
Description: colorless crystals or white crystalline powder with a very acidic taste; odorless and stable in light and air
Sack of 25 kg